Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Say Goodbye to the Gray...

I've mentioned before that we are blessed to now be living in my in-laws house, the house that Nathan grew up in.  It is a big house and very nice.  We love it :)!!!!  We are excited to put our "stamp" on it.  Everyone has different taste and with that said... my in-laws had all the trim work and doors in the house gray... just a look that they liked when they built the house.  We want to have color on the walls and want white trim.  I have been so anxious to paint.  Nathan HATES painting with a passion!  I have been bugging him about buying paint and he kept putting it off and didn't want to.  Well today he surprised me with a gallon of white paint!!! :) I was so excited... seriously the best present! So of course I started painting today, who could wait, not me! I was squealing while painting... I was so excited!  I started in the foyer... and man this is going to be some serious work! (LOL)  I cleaned the trim and then started painting... the gray was a pretty dark gray and it is going to take about 3 coats of white paint to cover good.  I'm thinking we might go get some primer... and then paint for other rooms.  (Yes the whole house has gray trim and doors)  My plan (don't you just love how I plan!) is to paint the trim in a room and then do the walls in that room.  So one room is finished and there is a sense of accomplishment.  Gotta keep the motivation up!

I did not get finished with the foyer today but I coat 2 coats done and 1 coat on the closet door.  Like I said I had a peek into the realization of this project today... going to be some serious work.  Good think I don't sit still for long ;) 

So here are some pics of the progress....

Foyer Before
(already moved furniture to the middle of the room)

Foyer Before

                                                             During... gray going away.
                                  
                                                           after... 2 coats needs 1 more

                                                                   after 2 coats... 1 to go!


No comments: