Monday, April 2, 2012

TODAY...

So I still haven't updated my blog since Miley was born... I'll get to that, one of these days!  But today was a day...

So it all started last night actually... Addison was sick.  (she hasn't been sick since 2/7/12 and this is the longest that she has ever gone in between each episode)  She threw up multiple times and through out the night.  Thankfully Nathan stayed on the couch with her since Miley still wakes up twice each night to eat.  We had a follow up with her GI DR about a month ago and wanted me to get labwork done the next time she is sick to see if her results would be different. 

That meant I had to go today...  We all woke up got dressed managed to get a homeschool lesson done with Taylor, fed the baby and out the door we were. 

We have a new van, a 12 passenger van... I call it The Beast... b/c it's huge!  I love it but it's HUGE!  I realize on the way to the Children's hospital I'm going to have to park The Beast in a parking garage.  I call Nathan and he assures me that it will fit and not to worry.  Guess what?  It didn't fit.  I literally drove up and could NOT pull through because the clearance sign was almost at my eye level... Reverse.  I call Nathan he laughs at me, reassures me there has to be parking for large vehicles.  So I happen to find where we can park The Beast.  I successfully park it in the large vehicle area (which I chose the top of that garage b/c I'm scared to get out of the parking spot) I need to practice....

Anywho... now we have a long walk to the children's hospital. We make it to where we are suppose to be.  We waited forever to be called back for them to do the lab work, 45 minutes to be exact. Kids did pretty good.  Which means we had several bathroom trips, Jackson running away from me down a hall while my back was turned helping Payton go potty.  Get him back in the stroller strapped down and will not let him out again!  It is passed the kids lunch time now.  They are hungry... not complaining but I'm hungry and I'm complaining.  Miley has been happy until now... baby starts to scream....  I'm holding her and we are FINALLY called back. 

I have to put Miley down, which means she starts to scream again. I am holding Addy to comfort her while they draw her blood.  Blood draw is done, baby is still screaming. 

I'm assuming the baby wants to eat early since she has been screaming her head off, go back to the waiting room and feed the baby.  She should be happy now... but she's not. 

Gather up all the kids again and head to the hospital cafeteria for lunch b/c I'm HUNGRY!  Their fryer was broken which meant I couldn't get chicken tenders like I planned. (BABY IS STILL SCREAMING) Out of  desperation I order 2 chicken quesadillas. 

We find a seat (which a very nice man helped carry our food to b/c aparently I have my hands full)  Taylor is complaining that she doesn't want to eat b/c it looks gross.  I can't blame her b/c I don't want to get it b/c it looks gross.  I take a bite... it's gross.  So we go back to the food area and I ask if I can just get a cheese one b/c it's gross.  They agree (thank goodness!)  Oh and the baby is STILL SCREAMING!  There are a lot of people in line... and we're waiting.  I have to give our life story and ages of our children to these nice nurses in line.... b/c they can't believe all these children are mine.  (really it's 5 only kids people!)  Now... Addy throws up. I take a deep breathe.  I feel so bad for her.  She had been fine all morning.  Not sure if it was the blood work or what?  I ask the cashier if I can get my money back b/c we just need to go home.  (It's now 1:30 and kids with no food or me for that matter) The baby FINALLY stops screaming.  I get my diaper bag for my wallet to get our refund... and realize Addy threw up in the diaper bag.  I take another deep breathe... clean up the best we can. 

We move along to walk the long walk back to The Beast.  We are going by some elevators where they are moving patients in beds and such... Addy throws up again!  It splatters on Taylor's leg.  She is saying "GROSS MOM!!!"  Clean up again.   We finally made it back to The Beast where I take another deep breathe.

And that was my day so far!  We are home kids are fed and Miley and Jackson are napping. 

2 comments:

Emma said...

Wow, that's a crazy day for sure! But you do so well keeping it all together!

Btw, what kind of van is THE BEAST???

Jessica said...

It's a Ford E350... I need to do a post on it. Once I get caught up!