Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sick Days

I would have to say the hardest thing about being a parent is seeing your babies sick.  I hate it when they are sick! :(  Makes my heart break.  Addy started on Friday with a fever of 102.7 medicine helped and sleep of course.  No other symptoms just a fever.  Then Saturday, Jackson had the same high fever.  He's been having a running nose and a slight cough for a little bit now.  Medicine helped all during the day... then in the middle of the night his fever got up to 103, it was time for more medicine so I gave it to him and an hour and a 1/2 later..... his fever went up in stead of down it went up to 103.4!  So we headed to the ER early this morning about 5 am.... The DR did lab work on his blood and urine, labs came back perfect.  DR checked his ears, throat and listened to his chest... all good.  They did x-rays just to make sure that there wasn't any pnemonia... all clear!  Praise God. So its viral.  I figured it was since Addy had it the Friday and Saturday... but when your baby's fever spikes that high... gotta make sure!  So 5 hours in the ER was a bit rough but glad I did it I would of been on pins and needles all day worried about him...  So that was Jackson's first ER visit. 

Pics of sweet baby boy in the hospital gown.



That was just a small part of our night.  4 kids and a virus does not equal much sleep or much anything else for that matter!  Last night was a bit rough... God gave us grace for today.  I don't know how I can survive on very little sleep - oh yes I do!  Its because I have to!!!  So here is how our night went last night...

12am - Jackson wakes up crying, I rock him back to sleep
12:30am - Jackson wakes up crying, I rock him back to sleep
1am - Jackson wakes up crying, I put him in bed with us b/c I am to tired to keep doing this.
2am - Taylor comes in our room crying and throws up on the floor on my side of the bed.
          I move Jackson back to his crib, thankfully he goes straight to sleep.  Nathan is cleaning Taylor up and comforting her, I get the puke!  Taylor is back to sleep on a palet next to Nathan's side of the bed.
3am - Jackson wakes up crying... very hot... take temp 103.  Give him medicine and put him in bed with us.
4am - I wake up b/c Jackson is sooo hot next to me.  I wake a little bit (about 15 minutes) and re-take temp 103.4  Goodness...
4:30am - decide to go to the ER
5am-10am ER visit 

Told you I had very little sleep.  Nathan was suppose to work today he called in.  I am thanking Jesus that his job gave him grace and the day off instead of an occurance.  (they are really harsh in that department... so that is a true miracle!)

While I was at the ER with Jackson, Taylor has a fever of 102.7.... Here she is this evening asleep on the couch.  They are so miserable it just breaks my heart. 

I am so thankful for Nathan.  He is a great dad.  He is very hands on with all our kids.  He will cuddle and rock a sick baby or clean up puke.  Last night it was my turn with the puke. 

Payton hasn't showed any signs yet... and neither have I.  Nathan isn't feeling good.  I am praying that it doesn't spread anymore and that we get sleep tonight. 

No comments: