Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Packing... (BLAH!)

We're leaving tonight to go out of town for a few days.  We're going with my in-laws to Hilton Head.  They have a timeshare week that they had to use and ended up getting a big unit and asked us (and my BIL and his fam) if we wanted to come - "Ummmm... Heck YES!!!"  Don't have to ask me twice.  I love traveling, going out of town, seeing new places and I've always wanted to go to Hilton Head. :)  With that said... all the work that goes into the prep and packing to get there... I could do with out!  Packing for 6 people... well 5 1/2 people is alot of work.  I say 5 1/2 for a reason... Nathan picks out about 1/2 of his stuff... after having kids well buddy your on your own!  I try to pack for him and remember everything... but everytime... its inevitable I forget something of Nathan's.... socks, deodarant... underwear... yes I have forgotten them.  I feel bad when I do but well... then pack yourself!  I love you I do... but I've got enough to remember... speaking of I forgot to pack socks for Nathan URGH!!!!  Got to remember to pack socks... pack socks Jessica...

Ok anywho.... It is a huge task to pack for all of us.  We are only leaving for a few days but with kids you have to pack atleast 1 extra outfit.  It all starts a week before the trip with ..... LAUNDRY!!!!  I have successfully washed all the dirty clothes in this house.  There is not ONE dirty anything! yay me!!! :)  Don't you worry though I will return with plenty of dirty clothes... lol  So anywho... here is just a glimpse of our load that we are taking with us.... I do have to say my husband is THE MASTER PACKER... I am convinced that he can fit anything in our van.  I don't even worry about it... I just say baby here this is what we are bringing and he makes it happen - its truly a talent and he is very good at it.  On our honeymoon we bought a wicker chest (size of an ottoman) and a wicker laundry basket (size of an ottoman) AFTER we purchased them... we got outside and realized... Oh oops we only have a Honda Civic.  They barely fit to get back to our hotel much less all our luggage that we had for the trip home!  Yes he did it... he fit it all in the Honda and everything made it home - see I tell you I'm convinced he can do it!  Ok... Ok on to the picture!!!! I'll stop rambling... :)

Just a little bit of our load... Here is what it takes for a Fam of 6 to take a trip...

2 HUGE suitcases....  1 big one for kids and 1 big one for Mama & Daddy (yes we all share)
3 sleep mats for the girls to sleep on
5 pillows yes we have to take our own pillows
3 sleeping bags for the girls to use
3 backpacks full of toys
1 bag of randomness
1 pack and play for the baby
4 blankies b/c our babies are blankie babies
1 pack of pull ups
1 pack of diapers
2 tubs of wipes
1 toiletry bag for all of us
1 bag of crayons, paper, colorbooks and books
1 bag of all our shoes (I actually limited it 2 pairs per person this trip except for me lol I'm bringing 3)
boppy
pacies can't forget the pacies!!!
diaper bag
camera
purse
Oh and US! :)
FOOD lots of FOOD we usually don't pack so much food but this trip money is low and we plan to eat most of our meals at the timeshare and bring what we have from home.

I'm sure we will have tons of pics coming up from our trip!  I'm so excited!!!! :)

No comments: