Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The REAL Diagnosis

Well I thought we were getting over this "viral fever" thing that the kiddos seemed to catch and pass around.  I was wrong... oh no that was the ER was wrong!!!!!  Come on people 2 doctors saw Jackson Sunday morning... Hmmm.... he has a virus...  BLAH!  To say I'm aggrivated is an understatement.  Oh well... everyone makes mistakes.  Good example as to why you should follow up with you PCP.  I had no plans to unless I saw a reason to...  really another day at the DR's office not so much fun!  Don't get me wrong I will go to the drop of a hat if its needed.  So I got a phone call last night that today was Jackson's 9 month well check.  I totally forgot all about it.  I'm glad they make those reminder calls.  I thought to myself maybe I should reschedule I have a house full of sick kids (Payton started getting sick yesterday) then I thought well its probably good to go so the DR can follow up the ER visit and maybe see Taylor cause she was looking worse to me and she had the fever for 4 days now.  Addy got over it in 2 days.  So on my way to the DR I decide that since I'm there I'm going to ask if they will see Payton she spiked a fever of 104.5 last night!  Me thinking it was a "virus" thought ok this is normal and gave her more medicine and it did start to go down within an hour and we had icepacks on her.  Well the DR took one look at them and said I think we are dealing with the FLU here... HUH??? What did you say???  FLU!!!!  My heart sank and I just felt horrible.  Worst Mother of the Year award - right here please!!!!  You see we have NEVER had the flu before... really NEVER.  I also don't get the flu shots for myself or the kids.  (I probably would if they went to daycare) but we stay home and I just never felt comfortable with the shot after praying about it... not sure why.  Thats all I can say.  So anywho... back to the DR visit.... he is a great DR very glad we found one.  And he is a Christian.  He tested Taylor for the flu and it came back positive!!!!!!!!!!  URGH!!!!  So he said that is what all of the kids have and Addy who seems fine now and started this whole thing - don't be surprised if she gets it again.  So we are recooperating... I am sooooo glad that Nathan's days off are tomorrow and Friday!!!!  Back up!!!! I would have to say that so far Payton has had it the worst :(  poor baby.... I spare a picture because well she looks that bad :(

No comments: